To: The Customer Who is an Important Politically Exposed Person in a Foreign Government, etc.
As previously announced, The Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds has been revised effective October 1, 2016.
According to this revision, Sony Bank has changed its handling process from September 30, 2016.
If a customer falls under the category of an important politically exposed person in a foreign government, etc., strict verification at the time of transactions is required. For those existing customers and /or new customers, please report it to the English help desk.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
The customer is in an important public position in a foreign government, etc. means the case where the customer or his/ her family members falls under below mentioned (1).
- Scope of the head of a foreign country and persons at an important position in the foreign government, central bank or other similar organization, as well as those who were in these positions before
- Those in posts equivalent to the Prime Minister or other ministers of state and senior vice-ministers in Japan
- Those in posts equivalent to the Speaker or Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, or President or Vice-President of the House of Councilors
- Those in posts equivalent to judges at the Supreme Court in Japan
- Those in posts equivalent to ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary, envoy extraordinary and minister plenipotentiary, special ambassador, representative of the government or plenipotentiary
- Those in posts equivalent to the Chief of Staff (Joint Staff), Deputy Chief of Staff (Joint Staff), Chief of Staff (Ground Self-Defense Force), Deputy Chief of Staff (Ground Self-Defense Force), Chief of Staff (Maritime Self-Defense Force), Deputy Chief of Staff (Maritime Self-Defense Force), Chief of Staff (Air Self-Defense Force), Deputy Chief of Staff (Air Self-Defense Force) in Japan
- Officers of the central bank
- Officers of a corporation which requires resolution or approval of the Diet for budget
- Scope of family members
Spouse (including those who have not registered marriage but are substantially in similar situations as married people), parents, children, and siblings as well as parents and children of the spouse other than above