Individual Number Card
Known as the My Number Card, your Individual Number Card serves as a form of photo identification with your assigned "My Number".
An Individual Number Card can be acquired free of charge by anyone who is a registered resident of Japan.
If at least six months have passed since the issuance date [許可年月日] on your residence card, your Individual Number Card will be accepted as a form of identification when applying to open an account.
In case you are not an Individual Number Card holder, your driver's license or health insurance card can also be accepted.
Points to Note:
- Please make sure your Individual Number Card shows the same address as that on your residence card.
- Please make sure your Individual Number Card shows your current address.
- If your current residential address is handwritten on your Individual Number Card, please go to your local municipal office to have your address officially updated. Sony Bank will not be able to accept an Individual Number Card with a handwritten address.
- Please make sure your Individual Number Card is valid by closely checking the period of validity.
- If you have filled in the organ donation declaration on the front of your card, please make sure that the information is not visible when scanned.
Please do not scan the back side of your Individual Number Card as it does not contain the information required (address and date of birth) for the application.