Only Japan-issued driver's license will be accepted as a form of identification when applying to open an account.
If at least six months have passed since the issuance date [許可年月日] on your residence card, your driver's license will be accepted as a form of identification when applying to open an account.
In case you do not have a driver's license, your Individual Number Card (My Number Card) or health insurance card can also be accepted.
Points to Note:
- Please make sure your driver’s license shows the same address as that on your residence card.
- Please make sure your driver’s license shows your current address.
- If your current residential address is handwritten on your driver’s license, please go to your local police station to have your address on the license officially updated. Sony Bank will not be able to accept a driver’s license with a handwritten address.
- Please make sure to check the validity of your driver’s license.
- If you have filled in the organ donation declaration on the back of your card, please make sure that the information is not visible when scanned.