- Club S
This guide introduces you to our Club S rewards program, which provides you with additional benefits in and outside Japan. We have three Club S levels, determined by your account/transaction status at the end of the month: Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
1. Preferential cashback rate
You can earn cashback when shopping with your Sony Bank WALLET in Japan. Cashback rates differ according to your Club S level.
- Cashback conditions:
- You cannot earn cashback on any payments, in or outside Japan, if you pay with a currency other than yen. Please note that in some cases online shopping in Japan may be treated as an overseas transaction and therefore will not be eligible for cashback rewards.
- The cashback you earn each month will be credited to your account on or around the 25th of the following month.
- If you cancel your account at the time of cashback, you won’t be eligible to receive that cashback.
- The maximum amount of cashback you can earn per month is 200,000 yen. For details, please check Cashback.
- PlayStation™Network / PlayStation™Store cashback
- We offer 2% cashback on every purchase at PlayStationTMNetwork / PlayStationTMStores in Japan, regardless of your Club S level.
2. Fee-waived overseas ATM usage
If you withdraw a local currency for which you don't have a foreign currency savings account, or which Sony Bank doesn't support, the usual overseas ATM fee is 220 yen (consumption tax included). We will initially deduct this fee at the time of withdrawal but refund it into your yen savings account the following month. You can be refunded for up to three withdrawals in a single month, depending on your Club S level.
- If you make a withdrawal in a local currency for which you do have a foreign currency savings account, we will not charge an overseas usage fee, but there will be a 1.79% processing fee, which is not refundable. For details, please check Overseas ATMs fees.
- ATM providers might charge additional fees, which are also not refundable.
- Please note that if for some reason you cancel your withdrawal at an overseas ATM, the remaining number of fee-waived withdrawals may not be displayed correctly on our Online banking.
3. Fee-waived fund transfer
If you transfer funds from your Sony Bank account to other financial institutions in Japan the usual fee is 220 yen (consumption tax included). However, you can enjoy fee-waived fund transfers within Japan up to eleven times per month, depending on your Club S level.
If you cancel your Sony Bank WALLET, the number of fee-waived fund transfers will be reduced by one.
4. Fee-waived partner ATM usage in Japan
If you withdraw Japanese yen at partner ATMs in Japan, the usual ATM fee is 110 yen (consumption tax included). However, you can enjoy fee-waived usage, depending on your Club S level.
Balance inquiries and deposits are free at all times for all Club S levels.
5. Preferential exchange fee
You can enjoy preferential exchange fee when trading foreign currencies, depending on your Club S level.
- Exchange fees shown above may change without notice as the foreign exchange market moves or due to other reasons.
- In case of promotional campaigns on exchange fee you might be able to benefit from better conditions regardless of your Club S level.
6. Fee-waived Outgoing foreign currency remittance
If you make a foreign currency remittance from Sony Bank to financial institutions outside Japan, Sony Bank usually charges 3,000 yen per remittance. However, you can enjoy fee-waived foreign currency remittances, depending on your Club S level.
Please note that there will be additional 3,000 yen paying bank's charge regardless your Club S level. For details, please check Outgoing foreign currency remittance.
7. Club S criteria
Your Club S level is based on your account/transaction status at the end of the month.
- Your total balance is equal to 3 million yen or more at the end of the month.
- Your foreign currency balance is equal to more than 5 million yen and less than 10 million yen at the end of the month.
- Your foreign currency balance is equal to 10 million yen or more at the end of the month.
If you opened account via Sony Bank's Open Account app, you may be qualified for Gold or Platinum level with your foreign currency balance at the end of the month described above. In addition, you may be also qualified if you have certain products/services which are only available in Japanese language website. For details, please visit the Japanese language website.
8. Club S level review process
On the last day of every month, we review your account/transaction status to determine your Club S level. You will be notified the result of this review the following month, and your new level will be applied the month after that.
- Status check
On the last day of every month.
- Club S level announced
On the 5th business day of the next month.
- New Club S level applied
The month after your new level is announced.
9. Club S level protection
Club S levels are reviewed and you have chance to upgrade every month.
Downgrade only happens twice a year in March and September, as shown in the calendar. We protect your previous month’s Club S level for a maximum of 6 months, even if your balance decreases temporarily due to sudden expenses just before the Club S level review.
10. Checking your Club S level
You may check your Club S level for the current month and following month after sign-in. Please select Club S on the top.
Learn more about ATM usage and fees, when withdrawing cash in and outside Japan.
Learn more about fund transfer in Yen to/from Sony Bank and other banks in Japan.
Foreign currency deposit
Learn more about your foreign currency savings account, for trading foreign currency and making payments.